Island Troll Tribes extensively uses buildings for creating items and managing player stats. Most buildings are created in the inventory of a troll from the merging of items in the right order. Once a building is created in the inventory of a troll, it will be in the form of a construction kit which the troll can then place at a buildable location. Below is a list of buildings separated into categories depending on their uses:
- Fire - Heat restoration, meat cooking, view of area and blocking paths.
- Mage Fire - Advanced heat restoration and meat cooking.
- Tent - Portable energy restoration.
- Troll Hut - Stationary energy restoration and item storage.
- Mud Hut - Stationary energy restoration and item storage.
- Armory - Creating weapons, armor, and tools for other items.
- Tannery - Creating boots, gloves and armor.
- Workshop - Creating special and high tier items.
- Witch Doctor's Hut - Creating magic spells, magic items and special buildings.
- Mixing Pot - Creates potions from herbs.
- Omnitower - Full sized powerful and customizable defense. Holds up to 3 "Offensive" items (e.g. Nets, Spears)
- Ensnare Trap - Tiny light defense with nets.